It’s that point of 12 months! Time for WordCamp US, and this time it’s being held in Nationwide Harbor, Maryland from August twenty fourth via the twenty sixth. It’ll be on the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, which is a spectacular location in itself.
This 12 months, our workforce members Ericka Barboza and Marco Berrocal shall be attending in particular person. So, be happy to cease by and say howdy as they love interacting with WordCamp people.
What Will You Discover at WordCamp US 2023?
Not solely is that this 12 months’s WordCamp US at an unimaginable location – the Gaylord is simply phenomenal – you can too be part of fairly a number of talks and gatherings. For instance, on the twenty fourth, the contributor day is open for everybody.
There are lots of great talks at this year’s WordCamp US. Among the ones that stand out most to me embrace:
- For All Userkind: NASA Net Modernization and WordPress – Abby Bowman and J.J. Toothman speak about how NASA’s internet modernization efforts embrace WordPress and the challenges they face revamping its web sites and including its first on-demand streaming service.
- Inform the Story You Need To Inform – On this speak, you’ll hear the story of how Ken Liu, an award-winning author, misplaced religion in storytelling and the way he rediscovered the that means of narratives in day-to-day life.
- Trendy WordPress Growth – Whereas this speak is likely to be a bit extra superior compared to newbie tracks, Gary McPherson will go over a number of the extra profound parts that you would be able to combine into the WordPress growth expertise.
- Study WordPress: A useful resource for you and your group – Offered by Courtney Patubo Kranzke, the Study WordPress aspect is a useful resource for many who wish to perceive extra of what the content material administration system can do and what you are able to do to contribute. It is a nice speak for newcomers!
- Gutenberg: Subsequent – WordPress Co-founder and CEO of Automattic, Matt Mullenweg, will focus on the enhancements delivered in 2023 and the plans going ahead for WordPress. This may even embrace a dwell Q&A on the finish, so deliver your questions!
Personally, I’m extremely involved in studying extra about what NASA is constructing and the way it’ll incorporate video-on-demand. Then once more, I’m a little bit of a geek in relation to something area and science associated.
Plus, having the ability to toss questions at Matt Mullenweg can be enjoyable. Particularly after the latest updates in WordPress 6.3 which might be a bit questionable, similar to the power so as to add hyperlinks to Gutenberg. It now takes further steps simply to set it to open in a brand new window.
Anyway, from the talks obtainable, it’s positive to be a terrific weekend for these becoming a member of.
Attention-grabbing Details About Nationwide Harbor, MD
The Gaylord Conference Middle is positioned alongside the Potomac River simply south of Washington DC. As such, it’s surrounded by some wonderful sights and lots of US historical past.
One of many options within the space is the Capital Wheel, a 165-foot Ferris wheel with an incredible view of essentially the most prolific nationwide monuments within the nation.
A couple of different issues to remember embrace:
- The “American Approach” is a 3,000-foot promenade working via the middle of Nationwide Harbor that was designed to web page homage to the American expertise.
- There are greater than 150 shops in Nationwide Harbor, not together with the Gaylord. So, be sure you deliver some cash alongside to take pleasure in as a lot of what the realm can present.
- In case you’re involved in watching some video games or different common programming, there’s an 18 by 32-foot Jumbotron in Nationwide Harbor. Are you able to think about taking part in the Xbox or Ps on one thing that huge?
Hope to See You at WordCamp US in Nationwide Harbor!
As you’re visiting WordCamp US, don’t overlook to cease by and say “hello” to Marco and Ericka, who shall be attending on our behalf. Though the Gaylord is comparatively giant, they need to be pretty straightforward to search out.
I’d like to complete by thanking all the organizers, audio system, volunteers, attendees, and sponsors who put within the effort and time to make WordCamp US one thing wonderful. Between the locale and the talks, it’s positively one which I want I may attend myself.
Have a terrific weekend and revel in all the things Nationwide Harbor and WordCamp US have to supply.